Electronic Press Kit
Angela Johnson, better known by her artistic identity Angelica, is a dynamic pianist, singer-songwriter, composer and producer, who has 6 different CDs of original music to her name, in the Pop and Classical music genres. Recording, producing, and arranging her own CDs, the
talented artist records as both a singer and pianist, entertaining a wide variety of audiences, including touring on cruise ships as a Piano Bar Entertainer for Disney, Carnival & Holland America Cruise Lines.From a young age, Angelica stood out as a force to be reckoned with in the world of music. Excelling in orchestras, the young artist taught her band teacher piano, led her choir class in their shows and experimented in improvisation, composition and songwriting. At the age of 14, Angelica studied Classical Piano Performance with Duke Thompson, at the prestigious Red Deer College and continued performing and writing, driven by a passion to record her original music
on records. Angelica was also the recipient of a Vocal Scholarship at 15 years of age, continually developing her vocal prowess, by taking private vocal lessons and singing in several choirs. Coming from a family which had a rich history of musicians in her family, Angelica was always inspired and determined to follow her passion- music. Continually growing with her music, Angelica has had a terrific record of having performed at concerts as a soloist and in bands, with a repertoire of over 4000 songs, in diverse styles of music. Angelica is also the & Winner of the People's Choice Award at The Waterfront Awards Toronto in 2019. She is currently in session recording her latest album, building onto her prolific career as one of Canada's finest performing and recording artists. The celebrated artist has also won the Top Honour Award for Original Composition at The Sunshine Coast Music Festival of the Performing Arts in 2003, and has a diverse mix of feature films, television acts, commercials, music videos, and theatre productions. A dynamic artist, Angelica showcased her sheer brilliance in ‘The Sound of Christmas’ a Hallmark Movie in 2016, followed by the music video “Turaab Khan”, which released in 2017.
Enjoying 5 Star reviews on iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play, as well as over 14,300 monthly listeners on Spotify, Angelica continues to stun listeners with a stirring discography, which includes hit releases, such as "It's A Long Goodbye", “Dreamland Awakening”, “Magic's Mystery”, “Trilogy” and "World Of Dreams Thirty Piano Pieces". She was the recipient of the prestigious People’s Choice Award (Music) in 2019, The Waterfront Awards, Toronto, and was nominated for The Waterfront Awards for two consecutive years - 2018 & 2019 Angelica's imposing discography boasts original CDs, including, ‘Piano Styling's (1993)’, ‘Magic Of The Masters (1995)’, ‘World Of Dreams (2005)’, ‘Dreamland Awakening (2015)’, ‘Magic's Mystery (2015)’, ‘Trilogy (2015)’, ‘World Of Dreams Thirty Piano Pieces (Double Album) (2015)’, and ‘It's A Long Goodbye (2018)’. Apart from original mixes, the talented powerhouse continues to create spell-binding mixes with other contemporary artists. With an aim to release new singles with a campaign to issue monthly releases for an upcoming album, Angelica is looking forward to her 150th Facebook Live Concert. She also plans to expand her music base by hosting concerts in other online spaces, while also composing film and music scores.
Angelica's Bio & Extended Profile
Angelica (Angela Johnson) is a pianist, singer-songwriter, composer & producer, with 5 CD'S of original music, in the pop & classical music genres. Angelica records, produces & arranges her own CD's, as well as arranges, produces & performs on other artists records. She entertains a wide variety of audiences, including touring on cruise ships as a "Piano Bar Entertainer". Angelica performs concerts & shows as a soloist & in bands, with a repertoire of over 3000 songs, in all styles of music. Angelica is currently in session recording her latest album & is enjoying an ever-increasing profile as one of Canada's finest performing and recording artists.
"I enjoy engaging audiences & love to share the gift of music while I am performing. Music defines us! It is an international language that everyone can understand." - Angelica
Angelica's Performances & Original Music
Angelica's Performing, Recording, Producing & Arranging Highlights:
Awards, Juries, Education & Instruction
- Winner Of The People’s Choice Award (Music) The Waterfront Awards, Toronto - (2019).
- Top Honor Award For Original Composition – “Fairy Tale” - The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts - (2003).
- Winner Of The Best In Cruising Awards For Best Bars (Piano Bar), Best Entertainment, By America Online “Cruise Critic”, On Board The Carnival M/S Jubilee - (1998).
- Winner Of Employee Of The Month – Carnival Cruise Lines – (2008, 2009 & 2012).
- Vocal Scholarship To Music-Camrose - (1985).
- Recording Studio Of The Year – (During Angelica’s 4.5 Years With “Damon Soundtrek Studios” (Double-Double Platinum Studio) – Gold Record Status - (1996).
- Angelica performed on all the tracks for The Softones, "Dreams Come True" CD, which won a Gold Record - (1996).
- Elected President - "The Bachelor Of Music Society" (1991).
- Angelica's Received Donations For Her CD's: Yamaha C7 (9 foot grand) donated from Yamaha Pianos & Organs, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, CBC donated a stereo microphone, Big Al's Piano Moving Company donated 50% of the moving cost & Garry McDonall donated his time as "Studio Engineer" - (1994).
- Angelica received a promotional grant from "The Alberta Foundation For The Arts, Alberta Community Development, Committed To The Development Of Culture And The Arts". The grant helped Angelica to promote he performances and her CD, "Magic Of The Masters" (1994).
- "Juror" for FACTOR "The Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent On Record" (1993 - 1997).
- "Judge" for "Miss Toronto Tourism", & "Miss Canada Tourism", (2015), (2016), & (2018).
- Angelica studied the Bachelor Of Performance Degree (Major: Piano Performance & Minor: Voice) and The Diploma Of Music in the Classical (Royal Conservatory Of Music) and Contemporary styles of music.
- Angelica teaches Piano, Voice & Theory - ("Royal Conservatory Of Music", including all methods in the classical and contemporary genres, contemporary piano, chording, keyboard, and for those students that only play by ear that want top current hits. Angelica also teaches Contemporary Voice, Vocalization Exercises & Live Performance Techniques.
- "PADI Dive Instructor Certification" - "Specialty Instructor Level" - (2010).
Cruise Ships - "Piano Bar Entertainer" - (14 Cruise Ships - 8.5 Years - Duration Of Contracts - 101 Months)
- Carnival Cruise Lines (12 Ships), Disney Cruise Lines (1 Ship), Holland America Cruise Lines (1 Ship).
- Performance with all of the production singers on The Disney Magic (2012).
- Performance with The Ecstasy Orchestra and Motown Fly-On Artist, Jerome Dabney (2008).
- Performance with production singers, Penny Gold and Jason French, - Cabaret (1998).
- Performance with "The Atlantis Orchestra, and Billy Armstrong, Country Music’s #1 Fiddler for 13 consecutive years (1998).
- Chartered Cruises: Black Music Week Cruises, RSVP Cruise, Irish Festival Cruise, Religious Cruise With Randy Travis, Singles Cruises, Country Music Cruise.
- Angelica's Theme Nights: Motown, Abba & Bee Gees, 70's & 80's, Elton John & Billy Joel, Classical Showstoppers, 90's & 2000's (Current Top Hits), Open Request Night & Fun Games (Name That Tune, Music Trivia - Angelica's Own Trivia With Singing, Speed Dating With Music, Open Live Mic Night.
Feature Films, Television, Commercial's, Telethon's, Music Videos & Theatre Productions
- The Sound Of Christmas (Hallmark Movie) - (2016).
- A Beachcombers Christmas - (2004).
- The Messiah - (1990).
- Ventaneando - Cozumel, Mexico - (2009).
- Elves Club Telethons - (2002 - 2006).
- Marriott Hotels Commercial - Costa Rica - (2000).
- Jump n' Celebrate Canada's 150th Birthday Song - Music Video - (2017)
- Brenda Dunphy-O'Keefe, Diamond In The Rough CD - "Your Baby's Moving Out" - Music Video - (1994)
- Turaab Khan - Music Video - (2017).
- "Musical Director" for Dinner Theatre - Dark Deeds In White Horse - (2003).
- Theatre Productions: Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, Porgy & Bess, Grease & Les Miserables.
Festivals & Showcases
- Gibsons Jazz Festivals - (2004 - 2006).
- Kawanis Music Festivals - (1982 - 1984).
- Angelica was invited on to the board to Chair in two categories for The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts: Co-Piano Chair for The Sunshine Coast Music Festival Of The Performing Arts & Chair for The Electronic Music Category. Angelica designed a new criteria for "The Electronic Music Category" while on the board - (2004).
- Music In The Landing - (2003 - 2005).
- Sea Cavalcade - (2004).
- SOPA- Showcase Of The Performing Arts - (2003-2006).
- Rochwood Pavillion - (2004).
- Ravens Cry Theatre - (2004).
- Canada Day Celebration - (2004).
Recording Session's, Radio Commercial's & Recording Studios - Angelica's sessions, including arranging, producing and recording on other artists projects.
- Angelica performed studio session work for Alberta's, First Double-Double Platinum Studio; Damon/Soundtrek Studios, winning The 1995/96, 10TH and 11TH Annual Alberta Recording Industries Association Craft Awards" & "Studio Of The Year" (1993 - 1997)
- Angelica recorded original music, including her arrangements of famous classical pieces for Antman Comedian and his Cartoon “Ship Happens” (2017)
- Angelica performed, singing on Brad Dean Alexander’s Single “Glitter In The Air”. Recorded at Morph Productions Studio, Toronto, Ontario. (2019)
- Angelica was one of 6 vocalists performing on Canada’s 150th Birthday Song “Jump ‘n Celebrate”! Angelica also recorded additional production tracks & appeared in the video for “Jump ‘n Celebrate” by Robin Barker. Producer: Trevor Shelton. Record Label: Rammit Records. Singers: Robin Barker, NDAI, Angelica, Danielle Bassels, Nalecia, Jace Martin & Featuring The Beaches Youth Choir. - (2017).
- Angelica Co-Produced, Co-Arranged & Programmed "The 1994 Alberta Winter Games Theme Song, "Where The Spirit Soars", with Garry McDonall, President of Damon/Soundtrek Studios - (1994).
- Radio Commercials: Pizza 73, Western Pontiac Buick, Visual Impact Systems, USA/Canada - (1993 - 1997)
- Angelica performed on Amber Dawn Fleury, "Ain't No Cure For Love", CD
- Angelica performed on Amber Dawn Fleury's, Single, "I'll Wait For You". It was nominated for "Single Of The Year" & SOCAN Song Of The Year in"The 1995, 11TH Annual Alberta Recording Industries Association Awards".
- Angelica performed on Brenda Dunphy-OKeefe, "Diamond In The Rough" CD - (1994).
- The Factory Studios, Vancouver, BC
- Sugar Hill Studios, Houston Texas, USA
- Strait Sound Studio, Roberts Creek, BC
- The Music Shed, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Inner Ear Studio, Roberts Creek, BC
- Studio 9, Toronto, ON
- Morph Productions Studio, Toronto, ON
- Rammit Records Studio, Toronto, ON
- Damon/Soundtrek Studios, Edmonton, AB
- Angelica's Mini Studio, Toronto, ON
Orchestras & Bands Featuring Angelica
- Symphonic Winds.
- The Royals Band.
- Baroque & Blue (Classical/Jazz Quartet).
- Sneak Preview (Classic Rock Band).
- Backbeat (Rock Band).
- Angelica & The Boys (Dance Band).
- The Creek Big Band (21 Piece Big Band).
Concerts, Shows, Hotels, Clubs, Casino's, Performances In Foreign Countries & Modeling
- Majestic Casino - (2001).
- Molson Canadian Studio, Hamilton Place - (2016).
- California Tour With The Royals Band - Disney Land, Los Angeles, San Diego Zoo, Berkley University, Knotts Berry Farm &Several other cities in California - (1984).
- The Alberta Special Olympics - (1984).
- Angelica performed for the "2010 Canadian Olympic Committee" for The Olympic Games - (2005).
- Angelica's Concerts - Heliconian Hall (2016 & 2017).
- "Teen Idols Of Rock & Roll" - The Wood Theatre, N.Y. - (2015).
- Performance For "Miguel Rodríguez Echeverría" (The President Of Costa Rica) - Los Suenos Marriott Beach & Golf Resort - (2000).
- Performance for Bill Marriott (Owner Of Marriott Hotels) - Los Suenos Marriott Beach & Golf Resort - Marriott Hotels. - (2000).
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre - (2005).
- The Vive Nepal Benefit Concert - (2015).
- Fronting the popular 50's and 60's band "The Nomads" - (1994).
- Performances with Brazilian Pianist, Ricardo Perez & Canadian Trumpet Virtuoso, Gary Guffman - (1991).
- Fantasyland Hotel, Chateau Lacombe
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre - (2005).
- Terminal City Club (House Gig) - (1997).
- Costa Rica - The Los Suenos Beach And Golf Resort, Hotel Barcelo Amon Plaza, Tara Resort Hotel, Spa & Conference Centre, Majestic Casino, Valle Azul - (1999 - 2002).
- Cozumel, Mexico - (2010).
- N.Y., USA - (2015).
- Havanna, Cuba (2019).
- Angelica models for photography and fashion and is featured in photo books & the Fashion Industry: The Camel Company Of Canada - (2018), Frank Caruso Photography (2015 - 2019).
For those that want the details... A description of Angelica's performances, accomplishments, history, client list & Cd Story Outline is included in her "Extended Profile." About Angelica.
Angelica's Original Music - CD's
Angelica's original music consists of pop-sounding melodies in her vocals, accompanied by a strong classical piano arrangement, and a rich blend of orchestral, rhythmic and electronic dance music. The lyric content uses visual animation, songs of dancing, fun, love, and adventure. Angelica's CD's are both energized and calming, featuring her clear, powerful voice and virtuoso piano accompaniment. All of her CD's of original music, take you on a musical journey, with beautiful, pop-sounding vocal melodies and classical piano accompaniment, weaving together as two independent musical thoughts that merge with orchestral lines, soaring strings, synth patches with soothing transitions, blended harmonies, modern drums and colorful, descriptive lyrics. Each song creates a synergy of accelerated musical thought, complimented by simple, inventive pop-sounding melodies and classical influences, combining together to create a musical variety that's hypnotic to the soul.
Angelica's CD's Released in 2015, are based on a story and screenplay she wrote called "World Of Dreams", the title and theme of the CD's. In 2018 Angelica released her single "It's A Long Goodbye". and is in session recording her latest CD. Angelica's CD's are available on: iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, iHeartRADIO, Deezer, Apple Music, Tidal & Google Play, Including 150 Stores Worldwide!
- Piano Styling's (1993).
- Magic Of The Masters (1995).
- World Of Dreams (2005).
- Dreamland Awakening (2015).
- Magic's Mystery (2015).
- Trilogy (2015).
- World Of Dreams Thirty Piano Pieces (Double Album) (2015).
- It's A Long Goodbye (2018).
Angelica Performing on Cruise Ships
Angelica performed on board 14 Cruise Ships, for Carnival, Disney & Holland America Cruise Lines around the world, full time since 1997.
Cruise Ship Contract Duration: 101 months (8.5 years – 80 ports of call, from 1997 - 1999 & 2007 - 2014):
Carnival Cruise Lines:
- M/S Carnival Jubilee (18 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Ecstasy (14 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Triumph (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Victory (16 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Legend (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Fascination (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Fantasy (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Inspiration (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Imagination (5.5 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Paradise (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Victory (6 Month Contract),
- M/S Carnival Legend (1 Week Contract),
Disney Cruise Lines:
- M/S Disney Magic (3 Month Contract),
Holland America Cruise Lines:
- M/S Holland America Amsterdam (6 Week Contract).
Angelica received awards and performed in several Charter Cruises, including performances with Production Singers & Ship Orchestras:
Carnival Cruise Lines Awards:
- "The Best In Cruising Awards For 1998, Best Bars (Piano Bar), Best Entertainment, by America Online "Cruise Critic", on board the M/S Jubilee.
- Carnival Cruise Lines "Employee Of The Month" - 2008,
- Carnival Cruise Lines "Employee Of The Month" - 2009,
- Carnival Cruise Lines "Employee Of The Month" - 2012.
Cruise Ship Performance Highlights:
- Performance with all of the production singers on The Disney Magic
- Performance with production singers, Penny Gold and Jason French, - Cabaret
- Performance with "The Atlantis Orchestra, and Billy Armstrong, Country Music’s #1 Fiddler for 13 consecutive years,
- Performance with The Ecstasy Orchestra and Motown Fly-On Artist, Jerome Dabney,
Charter Music Industry Cruises:
- Black Music Week Cruises,
- RSVP Cruise,
- Irish Festival Cruise,
- Religious Cruise With Randy Travis,
- Singles Cruises.
- Country Music Cruise
Angelica's Cruise Ship Theme Nights & Fun Games
- Abba & Bee Gees
- 70’s & 80’s
- Elton John & Billy Joel
- Classical Showstoppers
- 90’s & 2000’s – Current Top Hits
- Open Request Night
- Name That Tune
- Music Trivia (Angelica's Own Music Trivia With Singing)
- Speed Dating (With Music)
- Open Live Mic Night